Egypt Dolphin Adventure
Swimming with wild Dolphins 2020
You can now begin to sign up for this epic retreat that will take place between June 13th to 20th of 2020
Check out the link below for the 1,5 min video-announcement.
Curious about the details of this retreat?
Want to know how to sign up? Go directly to the FAQ 🙂
Diving in the Red Sea, playing with wild dolphins and becoming family with the most magnificent group of people from all over the world in a manner of unconditional love and a spirit of joy and magic…
This week has been one of the most exciting adventures of my life!
Going on this dolphin trip with Wieteke felt like an adventure ‘out of time’. Swimming with dolphins is truly magical and Sataya Reef is one of the best places where you can meet dolphins in the wild. All week we were taken care of very well by Wieteke, Michelle and an experienced crew. Being with a group of like minded people was very special and I will always remember and cherish the experience.
“This dolphin trip has changed my life in more ways than I could have possibly imagined. During the trip I had the time of my life, and the effect on my life afterwards has been incredible. The world of the dolphins is so different that it changed the way I looked at my life. It has made me much more relaxed and brought me fully ‘in the now’. I loved the ceremonies because they helped me connect to the people too. I feel way more connected ever since.”
“The Dolphin Trip 2019 was a wonderful surprise in every way: amazing people, a location seemingly out of time and space, wonderful nature, meeting dolphins, a turtle, and colorful fish. Personally I’ve never experienced a week like this, during which I was able to completely be myself the whole time, finding my own rhythm and learn with and from extraordinary people. The organization by Wieteke and Michelle was perfect; the crew was very kind and professional at the same time. I know this might sound too good to be true, but if you decide to join this trip, I believe you’ll understand.”
Michelle van Coevorden
What: 1 week ‘Dolphin Adventure’ in Egypt, on a yacht in the Red Sea
Where: on board of the boat: “Sea Dream”
Sataya Reef, Hamata, Red Sea ~ Southern Egypt
When: June 13th – till June 20th – 2020
Departure day: June 20th
Boat Safari Cost: € 1.555,- per person (all incl | no alcohol)
Non-Refundable Deposit: € 333,- per person
All reservations must be made with Wieteke prior to payment.
We ask you kindly to transfer the deposit of € 333,- to confirm your reservation.
The total payment of € 1.555,- needs to be completed latest May 13th – 2020.
You can pay in (max) 3 phases if you wish.
Discounts and Early Birds
|Early Birds (Book before Oct 1st 2019)||– € 111,-|
|Returning Birds||– € 133,-|
|Bring a friend (Minus 10% = )||– € 155,-|
(For Signing up – Discount Applications & Payment Details see the FAQ)
What is included?
- Return local private-bus transfer (Airport Marsa Alam – Hamata Harbor)
- 6 days/7 night accommodation in a shared 2-person bedroom (single beds), on board of the boat “Sea Dream” (For details see FAQ)
- All inclusive stay (non-alc.) | Vegetarian / Vegan / Gluten free diet possible / inform us with your reservation)
- Quality guidance / professional divers & crew available | Crew keeps an eye out for you when you are out in the water at all times.
- Daily excursions; if weather allows it, we may have multiple excursions per day, to either go and swim with our free dolphin friends or snorkel and admire the wide variety of underwater life, alongside the breathtaking coral reefs of Sataya. The general weather forecast for this week in this part of Egypt is usually great.
- We will be offering live guided meditations, channeling and Q & A with Arjun, yoga & intuitive bodywork classes and more for anyone interested. Scroll down to “Program and Activities” for details.
What is NOT included?
- Flights to and from Marsa Alam Airport, Egypt (Marsa Alam International Airport (IATA: RMF, ICAO: HEMA)
- If due to circumstances you missed the group’s bus-pick-up at the Marsa Alam airport on June 13th, you will have to arrange your own transportation to Hamata Harbour.
- Obligatory Travel and Cancellation insurance
- Snorkel outfit (goggles, snorkel, flippers and a wet suit or long sleeve + legging for sun-protection whilst in the water – see ‘what to bring’ in the FAQ)
- Extra expenses (food and drinks outside of the boat or on your plane).
- Visa for Egypt (€ 25,- or $25,- | bring exact and in cash)
- Tip for our devoted crew (a donation of € 30 to € 40,- per visitor is recommended, yet voluntary. If you do decide to tip; please bring this amount in cash as well / you can bring this amount in euro’s – or the equivalent of this amount in Dollars or Egyptian dollars).
- Costs for a hotel room, if due to the timing of your flight schedule, you need to ‘bridge’ some extra time between the boat and the arrival or departure of your flight.
- There will be no Wifi on the boat – which will be helpful for all of us to truly unwind. There is an emergency-phone nr. if needed for your family to reach you / or for you to reach them.
- Due to the nature of the dolphin workshops, we are not able to offer disabled accessibility.
If you have any questions, please check the FAQ – or email us prior to booking your travel.
Estimated Time and Location Schedule | To be made FINAL in January 2020
This is the time scheduled as we handled it for our most recent retreat in April 2019. Take it as a guideline for now. Once flights become available for this time-frame we will let all participants know our final planning. This will most likely be around January 2020.
Everyone arriving by plane on that day – we will gather as one group at Marsa Alam Airport.
Members of the boat’s crew will be there waiting to pick us up with a bus around 3 PM.
We ask you to book your plane as close to this moment of the day as possible / or to consider arriving a day sooner and have yourself be picked up from the hotel later that day.
For those who arrived already on the previous day(s), we will pick you up at the hotel called Marina Lodge Galeb, after all other participants have been picked up from the airport in Marsa Alam. This hotel is a affordable, well organized and smoothly running hotel only 15 min or so from the airport. If this is what you prefer: please inform us of this request, latest 2 weeks before the trip.*
If your flight plans (may) cause you trouble – please let us know well in time. There will only be 1 bus pick up possible, but if there is an emergency daily – you may be able to arrange your own transportation to the harbor still, later that evening.
We aim to have everyone complete in the bus by 5/6 PM latest.
The complete group will go with our organized bus-transfer to the boat in Hamata.
Wieteke’s plane MAY be expected to arrive in Marsa Alam that day around 2:30 PM (Egypt time) /
Again remember until Jan 2020: this is an ESTIMATED schedule 😉
If you arrive later, she’ll be at the exit of the airport with a sign so you can find her and go to the bus together.
From the 13th to the 14th we will definitely spend the first night of our adventure on the boat in Hamata Harbour.
Early next morning we will be leaving for a (max) 4 hour long trip over the Red Sea until we reach our destiny for that week: Sataya Reef. Sataya basically feels like a HUUUUGE (2 km long) azure natural swimming pool (you can see the sand of the bottom below the crystal clear water) protected by a U-shape of breath taking coral reefs that keep the higher waves from the ‘open ocean’ away from us. Besides being a magical and powerful vortex area – Sataya is the playground and birth-place for hundreds of free dolphins 🙂 This is where we will remain anchored with our yacht for the next 5 days.
14.06 to 19.06 we will remain anchored in Sataya. We will enjoy an amazing week filled with the bliss vibes of swimming with dolphins, snorkeling the reef, and the rich optional program on board with fun things to do to dive even deeper into ourselves – or simply relax 🙂
19.06. We will say goodbye to all of our cetacean friends and the coral reefs in the morning – as we will be leaving Sataya after lunch. We need to be back in Hamata harbor latest 4 pm on 19.06. (times given by harbor authorities). The last night we spend on board whilst safely anchored in the harbor.
(Estimation) Between 9 am and 10 am (latest) A bus will be ready to transfer you back to the hotel (might you need it) or airport. We will try our best to have these transfer-times fit your flight schedule. For this – we ask you kindly to again inform us of your flight times (arrival and departure) asap after booking. It will not be possible to stay longer on board of the Sea dream, as the crew needs to prepare the boat for the next group arriving on 21.06.2020.
HOTEL: If you feel you need a hotel room right before or directly after the trip on the boat to spend some time during the day or even a night to connect with your flights, the crew recommends: Marina Lodge in Port Galeb. 15 minutes from the Airport of Marsa Alam. You can be dropped off there by the same transfer-bus that takes all of us back to Marsa Alam airport from the boat.
More questions? Go to our special 'Dolphin Retreat FAQ'
Program and Activities
Optional On Board Program | 2020 Dolphin Retreat Apart from swimming with the dolphins whenever we can, we will offer a playful and flexible (optional) program on board with:
- Group ET-Channeling session + Open Q&A
- Yoga Classes / Intuitive body work in the morning or afternoon (depending on how early the dolphins show up to distract us from this 😉 )
- CE 5 Contact Meditation
- Toning and Singing at Sunset
- Stargazing at Night (This week will have little moonlight so it will be PERFECT for stargazing!!)
- ET Connection Meditation
- Portal activation (visiting an actual Red Sea Vortex)
- Blue Lotus Tea ceremony
- Raw Cacao ceremony
- Live drumming, singing and dancing
- and more to be announced….
Obviously, swimming with our dolphin friends and snorkeling the reef, enjoying the sun and completely recharging ourselves – will be our main and priority activities during the day. The above mentioned activities from the On-board-Program will mostly be taking place in the evenings – after sunset (+/- 6 pm). Additionally: We warmly invite you to bring your portable instrument, your happy singing voice, your tarot cards / Human Design knowledge, or drawing pencils, whatever you feel might add to this trip of a lifetime, so we can play and enjoy our time together even more! 😀